The beginning of a new year is the perfect time to refresh your style. Entryways are the first impression of your home, and they offer an opportunity to make a big statement in a relatively small space. In 2014, why not resolve to share great design with your visitors immediately when they walk into your home? Here are a few ways to make your entryway sing:
1. Wallpaper. Whether graphic or whimsical, a great wallpaper is a sure-fire way to make a memorable first impression.
2. Be bold with color. Rich hues (especially dark ones) have a dramatic impact in even the smallest of entryways.
3. Dress up the ceiling. Add metallic paint or even wallpaper -- make your guests gaze up and say WOW.
4. An amazing rug will make an otherwise ordinary entryway unique.
5. Add a central display table to a relatively large foyer area. It's a great place to display flowers and accessories.