This post originally appeared on Viyet.com, the design aficionado's destination to buy and sell timeless furniture and accessories. Head over to Viyet's blog to see the full post, and be sure to check out Viyet.com to shop their amazing furniture and accessories finds!
Eclectic spaces, particularly dining rooms, strikes a chic balance of timeless and contemporary that appears effortless. But in reality, creating the right mix can be tricky. Here are a few tips to walk the fine line between curated and chaotic in your own dining space:
1. Take cues from the environment. Modern furnishings make a stunning statement surrounded by classical architectural details:
Photo via Architectural Digest
2. Mix furniture from different time periods. Traditional chairs can sit nicely around a modern table, and vice versa:
3. Pair different textures and materials. Play with contrasts - modern and rustic, old and new, light and dark. A rustic wooden table can blend seamlessly with a modern brass chandelier:
4. Add a pop of the unexpected. Traditional chairs look refreshed when reupholstered in a modern fabric. Similarly, classic designs take on new life in an unexpected color.
Photo via Domaine Home
5. Anchor it all together. Unify disparate elements of a room with a great paint color or neutral rug. In this dining area, a serene gray and white palette harmonizes midcentury chairs with modern abstract art and transitional lighting.
Photo via Elle Decor
Thanks for reading!