There's something lovely about crisp white in the wintertime. It's simple yet sophisticated, contemporary yet timeless. While an all-white interior can be tough to maintain, it is stunning when pulled off correctly! Take a few pointers from these rooms to achieve this sleek, monochromatic look:
1. Add texture...leather, lacquer, fur and silk. Natural textures such as wood, stone and fibers also look great in a white setting.
2. Mix modern pieces with vintage finds for a layered look.
3. Bring the room to life with plants, birch branches or even antlers for an earthy, rustic feel.
4. Customize. A tufted banquette (which easily could have been a plain white wall here) completely transformed this small space.
5. Incorporate different white tones. Creamier whites or light beiges will add warmth.
6. Sleek materials such as mirrors, glass and metallics add a touch of glam.
7. White is the ultimate palette to highlight special works of art -- use it to your advantage!
Here are a few accessories to incorporate white into your space: